Fall is usually ushered in by shorter days and lots of pumpkin spice lattes. At BIA/Kelsey fall is the time we release data from our annual survey of small businesses, The Local Commerce Monitor™ now in Wave 20. BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor is one of the longest surveys in both time (25+ minutes) and years conducted (17+). No current study on small businesses has a better sample. Our sample offers enough sample to analyze smaller and larger small businesses (defined by ad spend) in detail: 600 core (less than $25k ad spend) and 400 plus spenders (more than $25k ad spend). The infographic below gives you a good understanding of our Local Commerce Monitor™ Wave 20 Survey of Small Businesses. New insights and data will be released soon on our weekly data bytes blog posts and a free webinar.
Like last year’s Wave 19, this year’s LCM Wave 20 survey is full of new media and new insights.
- Where small businesses are currently spending their ad budgets by product/service and future spend
- What is driving expanded social media, mobile and do it yourself, DIY advertising
- How much of small businesses use free advertising
- Why small businesses churn on marketing service providers and what marketing services providers need to do better
- Why small businesses do or do not use advertising products and services, what they have tried and plan to use
- Adoption of new technologies and ad services including programmatic, beacons and on demand services
- How small businesses measure ROI (return on investment) and what measures they value the most
See the infographic below for more.
For more information on our Local Commerce Monitor™ 20 report and a webinar that will help you focus your sales, marketing and developmental and account service efforts, download an excerpt here.