Stop the News Juggernaut!
I'm trying to get a bunch of things done and only have time for bullets right now:
- Print growth was sluggish but there was significant Q2 online newspaper revenue growth (28.6% to $500.7 million) vs. one year ago, according to the NAA.
- Many are speculating or trafficking in rumors re a Google announcement about an IM client. PaidContent reminds us that Google-owned Hello.com includes an IM client.
- Yahoo! and Verizon team up for an SBC-Yahoo!-like broadband deal.
- New wiki/search/P2P/blogging substitute Jeteye launches. Coverage from MediaPost.
- Lycos names a new CEO and struggles to right the ship.